Starting your first Jiu Jitsu class can be exciting and a little nerve-wracking, but with these tips, you'll be ready to hit the mat with confidence.
Enjoy your first class and good luck on your Jiu Jitsu journey!
- Shower before and after training sessions.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before and after each training session.
-Do not be barefooted when off the mats.
- Keep your nails short and clean to prevent scratching or injuring your training partners.
- Brush your teeth regularly and maintain good oral hygiene.
- Use deodorant or antiperspirant to control body odor.
For Gear and Equipment:
- Clean your training gear, including your gi, rashguards, and wrestling singlets, after each use.
- Wash your training gear in hot water to kill bacteria and fungi.
- Air-dry your gear completely to prevent the growth of mildew or unpleasant odors.
- Disinfect your training gear regularly using an appropriate antimicrobial spray or detergent.
- Use clean towels or bring your own towel to training sessions.
- If you have any open wounds, cover them properly with bandages or dressings before training.
- Avoid training if you have a contagious skin infection or illness.
- Report any cuts or injuries that occur on the mats to the instructor or staff.
- Be mindful of personal hygiene and refrain from training if you have symptoms of illness, such as fever or cough.
- Avoid sharing personal items like water bottles, towels, or equipment.
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water during and after training.
Remember, maintaining good hygiene is essential for your own well-being and that of your training partners. It helps prevent the spread of infections and ensures a safe and clean training environment.